(South Africa – May 2016) The 2016 Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival takes place from 1 to 10 July 2016 and promises fun and exciting activities for the whole family. Besides the delicious oysters and many other seafood delights on offer, there’s a diverse programme of more than 100 events, with something for every age and interest.
To whet your appetite, here’s a look at just some of what’s lined up:
Sporting events for adults
- On Saturday, 2 and Sunday, 3 July Momentum Weekend Argus Knysna Cycle Tour presented by Rotary
- On Thursday, 7 July Momentum Health OatWell DualX powered by Peptopro
Sporting events for children
- Sunday, 3 July Spur Rotary Knysna Children’s Cycle Tour – for children aged two to 9
- Saturday, 2 July The Casper Kids Adventure Run and from 1 – 10 July Dare 2 Dash Challenge for kids – for children aged six to eight
Other kiddies’ events
- The Pick n Pay Young Oyster Festival presented by Humpty Dumpty Windmeul Eggs enjoy fun cooking lessons, arts and crafts, for two to 10 year olds
- The Momentum Health Kiddies Area is a fully supervised, secure and fun area for children aged two to 12 with great age-appropriate activities. Parents can leave their children under supervision with full peace of mind.
- The annual Kids’ Pavement Art event is ideal for creative kiddies, includes lots of entertainment and prizes.
- The Enchanted Education Forest and Explore the Knysna Estuary on a Kayak are not to be missed!
- Funfair and inflatables are always a winner and these will be in abundance at the Festival.
Fun for the whole family
- The FNB Knysna Forest Family Hikes on Monday, 4, Wednesday, 6 and Friday, 8 July are always a hit and a great way to experience the incredible Knysna Forest
- The Imperial Auto Festival of Golf at Pezula a great day out where parents and children get to play golf together on one of the most beautiful golf courses in SA.
- Make sure you visit the SA Navy ships on Thesen Island while the Waterfront Canoe Polo will include a great canoeing clinic for kids.
- There will be a whole host of markets to explore, including a Night Market on Monday and Tuesday, a local design and food market on Thursday, and the new Main Street Market in Main Road on Saturday afternoon
For the full programme and details about all events, as well as registration and ticket costs visit http://www.pnpoysterfestival.co.za/ or follow the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival on Twitter @OysterFestival or on Facebook/KnysnaOysterFestival for daily updates