We’re gearing up for the holiday season and there’s no better way of getting into the festive spirit than planning what you’re going to do for Christmas!
But for some, Christmas can be incredibly stressful. A time that should be about families, presents and lots of luxurious food, ends up in kitchen-chaos and a mountain of dirty dishes. With many places across Jozi offering a special experience on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, you can enjoy an indulgent festive feast, without the oven or cleaning gloves!
We’ve looked into Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton and what Chef Vonique has in store for Christmas …
Get yourselves in the Christmas spirit with a three-course Christmas Eve menu for R550 per person. This includes a bottle of house wine and bottled water per table of two to complement a delicious menu with options that will appeal to any palate.
Included in the package:
- A choice of three starters including local smoked salmon trout.
- A pallet-cleansing sorbet.
- A selection of mains including turkducken.
- Rich dessert options including chocolate meringue with hazelnut mousse, orange chip and cherry gel.
To really treat yourself and extend the festive season spirit, stay the night – the Radisson Blu Sandton is offering an exclusive Christmas Eve accommodation special for two people at R1500 per room, including breakfast for two.
For just R450 per person, your family can choose from a lunch buffet and carvery menu, with choices spanning an array of fresh salads, soup, meats and more. For little ones aged 12 and under, there is a 50% discount on their meal and children under six eat free.
Included in the package:
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Soup course and bread selection.
- Selection of starters including lamb keftedes and sweet chili, lemon grass, lime and coriander marinated prawn noodle salad.
- Main course from the carvery or ordered from a selection of rich, aromatic dishes including: roasted chicken thighs with smoked mushroom and sage cream and ginger, soy and honey roasted pork roll with apricots.
- Dessert temptation in the form of Christmas trifle with layers of brandy soaked Christmas cake, cranberry panacotta and many more.
To secure your place at the relaxed Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, booking is essential, to reserve your spot, email Etienne O’connell at email@example.com.
Details of the full menu can be found at www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-johannesburg/restaurants.