(South Africa, January 2017) The hottest event on the Mother City’s event calendar, the Zando Cape Town 10s, is literally in touching distance. Happening in less than two weeks, fans and spectators can expect a jam-packed weekend with nail-biting sporting action across four sporting codes, a monster entertainment line-up and the opportunity to relive and remember the 2007 Rugby World Cup as a number of rugby legends from the winning squad will be in on action over the weekend!
The internationally acclaimed event and winner of the 2016 Discovery Sport Industry Award for ‘Best Live Experience’, will return toGreen Point Sports Fields on 3 & 4 February 2017 and promises to be the most memorable event to date.
With over 25 000 people from across the globe expected to scrum through the gates, here is a snapshot of what to expect at the event:
- Remember RWC 2007: 10s is renowned for bringing the most iconic international sports stars to the event and 2017 is no exceptions as the 2007 Rugby World Cup squad will be part of the action at the event!
- Dodgeball: This is bound to be a colossal draw card, whether you’re a spectator or supporting a team – think bright ‘lumo’ colours, Ben Stiller, dress up and iconic movie lines. Check out the ultra-cool dodgeball video featuring ‘Twakkie’ aka Rob Van Vuuren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0XqeYVgXsc
- Great Entertainment: Francois van Coke, the Kiffness, Kurt Darren, The Rockerfellas, Me & Mr Brown as well as two new up and coming bands, Opposite The Other and Ben Dey and The Concrete Lions will all be live on stage. Here is a link to the EPIC Karpoel Karaoke #KPK video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHl4Ysr5dYI
- Gigantic Beer Tent: With more sporting codes, comes more beer. We do boast Africa’s biggest beer tent after all!
- Social Olympics: No other event offers this amount of sporting action as over 250 teams are set to take part in rugby, netball, beach volleyball and dodgeball
- Cashless system: The festival will be cashless this year! Attendees can use their wristband/card to purchase items throughout the weekend and will be able to load up with any amount that suits them, online before the event, or at the Howler Loaded stations strategically located within the event grounds.
- The GEES: 1 Festival – 2 Days – 3 Stages – 4 Sports – 18 Bands – over 250 Teams and 25 000 people in one awesome location!
Tickets are available via: www.capetowntens.com and are expected to sell out.
- Dates: 3 & 4 February 2017
- Venue: Hamilton Rugby Club in Green Point
- Price: from R125
- Tickets: http://capetowntens.com/tickets
For more info visit the website: www.capetowntens.com
- Twitter: @CapeTown10s / @zando_co_za
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/capetown10s / www.facebook.com/zando.co.za
- Instagram: @capetown10s / @zando.co.za
- Official event hashtag: #Zando10s