In response to the worst drought in the city’s history, the City of Cape Town’s Water and Sanitation Department is expediting the roll-out of pressure management technology to various parts of the water supply network. We thank residents for their cooperation in reducing water consumption thus far, and regret any inconvenience this will cause. Read more below:
Pressure-related work / zero pressure testing will be taking place on:
· 6-9 August: Vierlanden, Durmonte, Klein Nederburg, Bersig and Wellway Park from14:30 – 00:00
· 6-9 August: Oakdale, Blomtuin, Bellair and Eikenbosch from 14:30 – 00:00
· 8 August: Montague Gardens from 20:00 – 04:00
· 8 August: Belhar from 10:00 – 16:00
Not only does pressure management generally lower consumption by reducing the rate at which water flows to properties, it also reduces leaks and pipe bursts by better ensuring that pressure remains within levels that the pipework can tolerate, and reduces the rate of loss from leaks and bursts.
Tips for pressure management
· Please store only up to 10 litres of water for essential usage if required. Residents are urged not to stockpile large volumes of municipal water. This is because, if there are any significant service interruptions, they are not expected to be in effect for long periods
· Please also keep taps closed to prevent water damage in the event of water being restored after a disruption
· Do water-intensive activities such as laundry in non-peak hours i.e. not between 06:00 and 08:00 in the mornings or 18:00 and 20:00 in the evenings
Please always check with your neighbours whether they too are experiencing low water pressure or intermittent supply disruptions as this would in all likelihood be pressure-related. If the problem persists for an unreasonable period of time, please send an email to email@example.com or call 0860 103 089, WhatsApp 063 407 3699 or SMS 31373 (max of 160 characters).
Please visit www.capetown.gov.za/thinkwater for all water-related information and follow https://twitter.com/CityofCTAlerts for specific pressure management information.
At all times careful consideration will be given to ensure minimal disruption to the water supply. The City regrets any inconvenience caused.