Tweeter button
Facebook button

play slot games online at Slots Dad

*NEWS

Warren Whiteley (No 8) and Ruan Combrinck (wing) will make their first starts for the Springboks in the deciding third Test against Ireland in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.

The inclusion of these two players are the only changes to the starting team announced by Springbok coach Allister Coetzee for the third Castle Lager Incoming Series Test against the Irish in the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. Coetzee also made three changes to the bench.

Whiteley replaces the experienced Duane Vermeulen, who is out with an elbow injury, while Combrinck, man of the match in last week’s win over the Irish in Johannesburg, gets the starting nod over Lwazi Mvovo, who is now on the bench.

An ankle injury has ruled out prop Trevor Nyakane, and his place amongst the reserves is filled by the uncapped Steven Kitshoff. He is joined on the bench by another uncapped player, Jaco Kriel, who comes into the match day squad for the first time during the series. Continue reading

This from dailymaverick.co.za:

by Alice RITCHIE Britain votes on Thursday in a referendum on whether it should stay in or leave the European Union.

Here is some key information about the vote, from the question on the ballot paper to when the results are likely to start coming in.

– What is the question? – Voters will be presented with one question: “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?”

They will have two possible answers: “Remain a member of the European Union” or “Leave the European Union”.

In Wales, the ballot paper will be in English and Welsh.

– Who can vote? – British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens over the age of 18 who live in Britain, as well as citizens of Gibraltar, are all eligible to vote provided they have registered.

That means that Cypriots and Maltese living in Britain can vote since their countries are members of the Commonwealth, as well as the European Union.

British nationals who have lived abroad for less than 15 years can also vote. A legal challenge to give a vote to expatriates who have been away longer failed last month.

There are a total of 46,499,537 registered voters, according to the latest figures from the Electoral Commission. This is more than in last year’s general election when 46,354,197 people were registered.

Full story here:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2016-06-23-brexit-key-facts-on-polling-day#.V2uEzPl95pg

This from news24.com:

Pretoria – eNCA journalist Jody Jacobs and a camerawoman were robbed after a live report on the protests in Tshwane on Wednesday evening.

“We had just finished a live broadcast. Seconds later two guys walked up to us and started making small talk. They lifted the camera and became aggressive and they took the equipment,” Jacobs told News24.

He and the camerawoman, Noluthando Hlophe, decided against fighting the two men after they threatened to pull a gun on them.

The men fled in a Honda parked nearby.

“It happened in a matter of seconds. It seems like these guys watched us. They knew that we had just finished with our live updates,” he said.

The men took a camera, tripod, and microphone.

Full story here:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/enca-reporter-robbed-in-tshwane-20160622

This from bdlive.co.za:

TSHWANE has been engulfed by violent protests following the announcement that ANC MP Thoko Didiza would be the ANC’s mayoral candidate for the upcoming local government elections.

Didiza was a compromise candidate after ANC structures, the Tshwane regional executive committee and the Gauteng provincial executive committee failed to agree on a candidate.

The regional executive committee tabled three names, which did not include incumbent mayor Kgosientso Ramokgopa but did include his ANC deputy in the region, Mapiti Matsena.

Rivalry between the two was said to be so intense that an intervention was needed. Reasons have been given for outbreak of the protests.

Here are five of those suggested by ANC and government leaders:

• Thuggery: ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe has claimed that the protests were not political but just plain “thuggery”. “That is thuggery and it is not a protest of ANC members. Police must act by arresting people who are responsible for that thuggery.”

Full story here:

http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/2016/06/22/five-reasons-why-tshwane-was-in-flames

This from dailymaverick.co.za:

by Jocelyne ZABLIT A 19-year-old British man has been charged for trying to grab a police officer’s gun at a Donald Trump rally in Las Vegas in an apparent bid to kill the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

According to a complaint filed in federal court in Nevada, Michael Sandford tried to disarm the officer at Saturday’s rally at the Mystere Theatre in the Treasure Island Casino before being overpowered.

It said the young man told a Secret Service agent after his arrest that he had driven from California to Las Vegas “to kill Trump,” and had been to a range a day earlier to learn to shoot as he had never fired a gun before.

“Sandford acknowledged that he would likely only be able to fire one to two rounds and stated he was convinced he would be killed by law enforcement during his attempt on Trump’s life,” the complaint said.

Full story here:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2016-06-21-british-man-charged-after-bid-to-kill-trump#.V2jdC_l95pg

20 June 2016
Release: immediate

The DA has been reliably informed of 16 serious charges laid against the former Municipal Manager in Oudtshoorn Municipality, Ronnie Lottering. He faced a disciplinary hearing on the 14 and 15 June 2016. It is expected that the process will be concluded this week.

The charges against Mr Lottering relate to misconduct when he served as acting municipal manager for two years before the council was placed under administration last year. The Municipality was run by a coalition with the ANC and the Independent Civic Organisation of South Africa (ICOSA) from 2011, and refused to relinquish the power when losing its majority to the DA and COPE in a by-election in 2013. Continue reading

A young woman was taken off the streets during an operation in Bellville – one of a number of interventions by City enforcement agencies this weekend that resulted in 113 arrests. Read more below:

The City of Cape Town’s Vice Squad rescued a 24-year-old woman in the Bellville CBD during an operation on Saturday 18 June 2016. The woman, originally from Johannesburg, told officers she had been forced into prostitution after being lured to Cape Town with the promise of employment.

‘The young woman has been taken to a safe house and we have handed the case over to the Hawks for further investigation, so we can’t say anything more about the matter. Sadly, her story is not unique and is yet another cautionary tale to young people to double-check any offers of employment, especially if you’re from another town or city. Also make sure that your family knows your whereabouts at all times, for safety’s sake,’ said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Safety and Security, Alderman JP Smith. Continue reading

Transport for Cape Town, the City of Cape Town’s transport authority, has installed two card vending machines – one at the MyCiTi station in Adderley Street and another at Century City Gate. Apart from conducting their business at the kiosks, commuters at these two locations now have the option of using the card vending machine to buy a myconnect card, or load money or Mover Points on their myconnect cards. Read more below:

The card vending machines (CVMs) were installed last week and started operating as of yesterday, 18 June 2016.

‘These two machines, or virtual kiosks, are part of a pilot project during which Transport for Cape Town, the City’s transport authority, wants to establish the functionality and efficiency of the CVMs. We will roll out a further eight machines to other MyCiTi stations and locations across the city once the pilot period has expired – pending the outcome of this testing phase and the progress made,’ said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member: Transport for Cape Town, Councillor Brett Herron. Continue reading

Junior Springbok assistant coach Nazeem Adams said the mood in the SA U20 camp was positive ahead of Monday’s World Rugby Under-20 Championship semi-final against England, and that the team believed they could advance to the final.

Adams admitted that the team’s lineouts and defence, in particular, had to improve immensely to achieve this, but he said they have been hard at work trying to improve those areas since returning to training on Saturday.

Ireland will meet Argentina in the first semi-final at the Academy Stadium in Manchester on Monday at 17h30, with South Africa lining up against hosts, England, in the final match of the day at 19h45 (20h45 SA time).

“We are positive,” said Adams.

“We are working hard and realise we need a big improvement in our lineouts and defence, in particular. But the mood in the camp is good.” Continue reading

Springbok coach Allister Coetzee applauded the fighting spirit of his team, following the remarkable comeback that saw the team snatch a 32-26 win over Ireland in the second of three Castle Lager Incoming Series Tests, played at Emirates Airline Park in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Ireland led 26-10 with less than 20 minutes to play, but three tries in the final stretch, by Warren Whiteley, Pieter-Steph du Toit and Damian de Allende, adding to a sublime effort earlier in the second half by debutant Ruan Combrinck, saw the Springboks earn a first win in the series.

Elton Jantjies added 12 points with the boot, through three conversions and two penalty goals.

“We are very satisfied with the win and the way we came back and won it,” said Coetzee.

“Rugby ebbs and flows, but that first half was not good, although we were tactically better than last week. We also looked after the ball, especially in the wide channels. That second half just showed massive character and that was very pleasing.” Continue reading

News
baydu.co.za RUNNER UP in TWO categories! Lifestyle and Entertainment!
View My Stats