Tweeter button
Facebook button

play slot games online at Slots Dad

*NEWS

Pic: allafrica.com

Pic: allafrica.com

This from news24.com:

Johannesburg – Prophet Paseka Motsoeneng, also known as Prophet Mboro, has rejected claims that he went to heaven on Easter Sunday and had pictures taken with Jesus Christ.

Motsoeneng said because he had not yet died, there was no reason for him to have visited heaven.

“If I had pictures of heaven, my whole family and church would have seen it. I would never insult Jesus like that,” he said on Tuesday.

Pictures alleging to be of Motsoeneng in heaven reportedly appeared on a Facebook page created under his name. Someone claiming to be his spokesperson also allegedly said the pictures were for sale.

Motsoeneng has since reportedly said he was unaware of the person purporting to be his spokesperson.

On Tuesday, the Commission for the Promotion and Protection of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities (CRL Rights Commission) laid criminal charges against Motsoeneng.

It said he had failed to comply with a summons to hand over audited financial statements during their investigation into him and his church, the Incredible Happenings Ministries, for commercialisation of religion.

‘Hated by media’

Full story here:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/i-never-went-to-heaven-prophet-mboro-20160412

At 06h44 Western Cape Government Health Emergency Medical Services Responded to Stock Road Railway Station in Philippi East Where an unknown individual died gruesomely when he or she was struck by a train. Emergency Services are currently unable to identify the age and sex of the deceased due to the condition of the body as a result of the severe impact.

Lion in the Boma at Karoo National Park on 12 April 2016.

Lion in the Boma at Karoo National Park on 12 April 2016.

This from sanparks.org:

South African National Parks (SANParks) announces that it will be relocating the lion which escaped from Karoo National Park at the end of March to the Addo Elephant National Park (AENP).

The lion will be moved into a boma within an existing 200ha enclosure in the Kuzuko contractual section of the AENP for him to become bonded with the two (2) young females who are currently in the enclosure.  The two young females were the cubs that were rescued in Addo Main Camp after their mother was killed by a snake early last year. They survived for about 2 months on their own and, with the help of the public, rangers were able to rescue them. The CEO of SANParks, Fundisile Mketeni said, “This lion, at three years of age, is still young enough to bond with the two females and ultimately establish himself as the resident pride male”. This option forms part of the Frontier Cluster’s Carnivore Management Plan.  Continue reading

The City of Cape Town’s partner, the Shark Spotters, has been recognised for their valuable contribution to enhancing the safety of all visitors to in-shore areas. This includes their implementation of the effective shark exclusion net, public education programmes, and cutting-edge research. The City has commended the team for their accolade.

The City of Cape Town-funded Shark Spotters Programme has been awarded the Gold – Innovation Award in the Best for Beach Tourism Category at the African Responsible Tourism Awards 2016, held on Thursday 7 April 2016.

The Best for Beach Tourism Category, sponsored by BulkSMS, is awarded to a tourism business, organisation or initiative providing or contributing to responsible holidays in beach settings. Continue reading

Allister Coetzee has been named as head coach of the Springboks for the next four years, ushering in an exciting new era for rugby in South Africa, said Mr Oregan Hoskins, president of SA Rugby.

The 52-year-old former Springbok assistant coach succeeds Heyneke Meyer at a time when a number of veterans of the 2007 Rugby World Cup triumph have gone into retirement, including three of last year’s four captains.

“Allister’s appointment marks the changing of the guard at the top of Springbok rugby and is an exciting new departure for SA Rugby,” said Mr Hoskins.

“It is a watershed moment for our game with new players developing alongside a spine of experience and it was the right time to have a new man guiding the Springboks for the foreseeable future.

“Allister was the outstanding candidate in terms of his rugby credentials, his understanding of our unique South African transformation imperatives and also in the image he will present as Springbok coach. I am delighted to welcome him back into the Springbok fold. Continue reading

Four suspects linked to firearm confiscations have joined more than 100 others behind bars after running into the long arm of the City’s law enforcement agencies in recent days. Read more below:

The City of Cape Town’s Metro Police Gang and Drug Task Team (GDTT) and Stabilisation Unit confiscated four illegal firearms in one day – three of them in Manenberg.

On Thursday 7 April 2016, the GDTT arrested a 32-year-old suspect with a .38 special revolver and four rounds of ammunition in Hanover Park. The same team later arrested a 26-year-old for possession of an illegal firearm and ammunition in Manenberg. Five other suspects were arrested in Manenberg on Thursday for possession of narcotics. Officers confiscated various quantities of dagga and mandrax.

Continue reading

This from iol.co.za:

Cape Town – A long distance bus company could have its operating licence revoked after authorities found 50 boxes of illegal abalone being smuggled in one of its buses.

The Western Cape Transport Department says it is investigating the Intercape bus company, after cops received a tip-off about the abalone, worth a whopping R5 million, hidden in a bus compartment.

Police swooped on the Cape Town bus terminus on Wednesday afternoon, where the City of Cape Town’s Law Enforcement’s marine unit found a ton of perly packed in 50 boxes.

No arrests have been made yet, although two Intercape employees have been questioned by cops.

Mayoral committee member for safety and security JP Smith has urged police and the Hawks to investigate long distances bus companies as it appears they are being used to smuggle contraband.

Western Cape Transport Department spokesperson Siphesihle Dube says: “JP Smith referred the matter to the department and an investigation was launched into the possibility of withdrawing [Intercape’s] operation licence.”
Full story here:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/intercape-faces-losing-licence-2007075

STATEMENT BY THE CITY’S MAYORAL COMMITTEE MEMBER: TRANSPORT FOR CAPE TOWN, COUNCILLOR BRETT HERRON

Protesters participating in the EFF march to the Civic Centre this afternoon, 8 April 2016, illegally occupied four 18-metre MyCiTi buses, forcing the drivers to transport them back to Dunoon. Read more below:

The conduct of some of the protesters participating in the EFF march to the Civic Centre this afternoon is unacceptable. A group of protesters prevented the MyCiTi buses from turning around at the Civic Centre station, delaying the service while law-abiding commuters in the station building were waiting in lengthy queues to board the buses to go home for the weekend.

Some of these protesters eventually forced their way onto four 18-metre buses, intimidating the bus drivers and demanding to be transported back to Dunoon. Continue reading

DA statement: 08 April 2016
Release: immediate

The DA in the Western Cape calls for the PRASA national office to intervene in the brewing labour conflict in the province and deal with any unresolved matters. In particular, the potential strike action by members of The South African Transport and Allied Workers’ Union (Satawu).

Metrorail provides an essential service to the people of the Western Cape. We cannot allow that this dispute brings commuter mobility to a standstill. In my capacity as Chairperson for the Standing Committee on Transport and Public Works in the Western Cape Provincial Parliament, I will write to acting group Chief Executive Officer, Nathi Khena, to call on him to resolve the regional conflict. PRASA must ensure that their agreement with the Satawu national leadership is upheld. The agreement stipulates that no strike action will happen before every alternative avenue, to resolve these legitimate issues amicably, has been exhausted. Continue reading

The City of Cape Town recently activated a virtual fence in Gordon’s Bay as part of its baboon management strategy. Since implementation in mid-January there have been no incidents of the resident troop entering town. Read more below:

In an effort to reduce human-baboon conflict in the Gordon’s Bay area, the City of Cape Town’s Environmental Resource Management Department has implemented a virtual fence system which will assist in deterring the resident baboon troop from entering the residential area.

When the troop enters the zone between their home range (in the protected area) and the houses of Gordon’s Bay, speakers emit the noise of a predator, such as a lion. Baboons immediately sense there is danger and do not enter the zone. The virtual fence then becomes a virtual boundary zone in the mind of the baboon troop and ultimately results in the animals staying out of the town altogether. Continue reading

News
baydu.co.za RUNNER UP in TWO categories! Lifestyle and Entertainment!
View My Stats