Tweeter button
Facebook button

play slot games online at Slots Dad

Golden Arrow, as a responsible and caring operator of scheduled public transport services, is committed to keeping our staff and passengers safe and healthy.

We will be instituting a number of additional hygiene-related measures and will be assessing the situation continuously.

We will be issuing regular updates but in the interim please be assured that Golden Arrow is prioritising the well-being of our staff and passengers.

We would ask that our passengers please follow the prescribed hygiene practices such as regular hand washing and covering mouths with hands or elbows when sneezing or coughing. Please keep windows open.

If you suspect that you or someone you know is ill, please call the National Corona Virus Hotline 0800 029 999.

We will keep the public updated via all channels available to us.

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

SANZAAR will suspend the 2020 Vodacom Super Rugby tournament for the foreseeable future, at the conclusion of this weekend’s matches it was announced this afternoon.

The decision was made during a SANZAAR Executive Committee (EXCO) teleconference in response to the announcement by the New Zealand Government that all travellers returning to the country would have to self-isolate for 14 days, including Vodacom Super Rugby players. Five New Zealand teams play in the 15-team Vodacom Super Rugby tournament.

The SANZAAR statement said the organisation completely understood the directive issued by the New Zealand government, given concerns globally over the COVID-19 virus and the primary aim to reduce exposure and spread of the virus.

SANZAR CEO Andy Marinos said: “The safety and welfare of the public, our players and other stakeholders is paramount and as previously stated we were always going to abide by government and health authority instructions on the issue of COVID-19 containment.

“We are extremely disappointed for the players, our fans,broadcasters and partners butgiven the complexity of our competition structure, and the multiple geographies that we cover, we have no other option but to align with such directives. We also believe it is time for all those players currently overseas to return home and to be with their families.

“Our priority is, therefore, to ensure our players are within their homes territories from the end of this weekend.

“SANZAAR will also remain engaged with its stakeholders and will continue to explore avenues to see if we can keep the rugby product alive within our core markets, with the possibility to be in a position to resume the tournament, if at all possible, in future weeks. We have currently played seven rounds out of the 18 in the normal regular season”.

The players and managements of the Vodacom Bulls (who are currently in Australia) and Emirates Lions (New Zealand) will return to South Africa.

SANZAAR said it would issue further information on Vodacom Super Rugby 2020 tournament and any potential rescheduled fixtures in the days ahead.  

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

The City of Cape Town would like to remind residents that the City’s customer offices, which include cash receiving, account enquiries, motor vehicle registration and licensing offices, housing offices, traffic centres and municipal courts will be closed on Human Rights Day, on Saturday, 21 March 2020. Read more below:

The customer offices, which are situated in the Liberty Promenade Mall in Mitchells Plain and Table Bay Mall in Sunningdale, will also be closed.

Payment of municipal accounts (excluding motor vehicle licences) may be made at any Shoprite, Checkers, Pick n Pay, PEP, Woolworths and selected Spar shops, or at any branch of Nedbank and the Post Office.

Payment for the renewal of motor vehicle licences may be made online at www.capetown.gov.za/vehiclelicensing.

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

The City of Cape Town’s refuse collection services should see steady, progressive improvement over the next three weeks. Read more below:

Disruptions to refuse removal times and subsequent backlogs have been experienced as a result of revised procedures to audit and governance processes that came into effect from 24 January 2020. This is affecting repairs to vehicles and infrastructure throughout the municipality. However, this is primarily being felt in the Solid Waste Collections service due to the high demands placed on vehicles in the service and the associated intensive maintenance programmes that are required to keep the service working normally.

Various City departments have worked day and night to finalise 709 purchase orders for the servicing of its 211 refuse vehicles in line with the new audit requirements and to continue the refuse service as best as possible, including timeously clearing backlogs. Suppliers are also being requested to speed up repairs and maintenance of vehicles to get them back on the road again. Where applicable, senior staff in the Solid Waste service has also been recalled from leave to ensure contingencies, such as redistribution of vehicles to worse-affected areas, are in place to minimise the impact on residents while the backlog of vehicle repairs is being tackled.  

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Photo by Ashley Vlotman/Gallo Images

Over 1000 kids attended the Western Province KFC Mini-Cricket Provincial Festival at the PPC Newlands on the 13th March 2020.

The programme brings youngsters from across our diverse country together and not only introduces them to the wonderful game of cricket but also allows them to play and have fun.

The festival was hosted with Cobras Players Simon Khomari, Isaac Dikgale and Rory Kleinveld were all there to assist in coaching the kids and looking for talent. The Western Province Women’s team came out in full force including their coach Claire Terblanche, Proteas player and Western Province players Sinalo Jafta, Andrie Steyn and Laura Wolvaardt.

Laura has just come back from the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup and where she was picked in the World XI.

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

Date                      Saturday, 14 March 2020

Venue                  V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre

Cost                       Free

Performer           YME Band

19h00

Youth In Music Excellence (YME) will showcase their talents on Saturday, 14 March from 7pm at the V&A Amphitheatre. Young talented musicians are chosen from the Youth In Music Excellence Festival in Stellenbosch to be part of the band. They represent top musicians in the Jazz genre and are awarded this position by their musical ability.

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
e89a7c0c-8ce1-4b09-8320-24a8bcf3b513
Despite the limitations placed on her at birth and doctors saying that she will never be able to do anything by herself, Cindy has in 5 years become one of South Africa’s top Down Syndrome Field Athletes with the support of her family and her school, Club 21.
At the Sports Union for Athletes with Down Syndrome (SU-DS) World Championships in Athletics, Cindy represented South Africa in Portugal, making the top 3 for shot put, discus and javelin. Making South Africa proud, she brought home 2 silver and bronze medals.

Pictured above: Dressed in green and gold, Cindy and her team celebrate victory after the World Championships in Portugal.

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

The City of Cape Town has received numerous questions about its preparedness to deal with any potential cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

COVID-19 is part of a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals. The virus is spread mainly from person-to-person (coughing, sneezing, touching affected surfaces). An infection may present with fever, coughing and shortness of breath with at least 80% of the cases being mild in nature. Residents with underlying co-morbidities such as diabetes, heart and lung conditions are at increased risk of contracting the infection.

It is important to note that South Africa’s response to the Coronavirus outbreak is being led by the National Department of Health (NDoH), with support from the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD), World Health Organisation, Centre for Disease Control, and other partners.

The City of Cape Town is one of the partners involved in the response – under direction from the National Health Department and the Western Cape Health Department.

City Health fulfills a complementary primary health function through its network of more than 100 clinics, as well as an environmental health function.

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

STATEMENT BY THE CITY’S MAYORAL COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR FINANCE, ALDERMAN IAN NEILSON

The City of Cape Town continues to disconnect services of the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA). The disconnections should not affect the operation of the trains and thus commuters.

This is as a result of PRASA repeatedly failing to pay municipal rates and services debts of approximately R114 million to the City, of which R98 million is the arrears amount.

Eskom recently disconnected some of PRASA’S train operations for non-payment of debt to the value of only R6,5 million leaving passengers stranded and no trains operating.

Continue reading
It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

Scheduled maintenance on the water supply line in the Buh-Rein Estate and Mosselbank areas will cause low water pressure in these areas between 5 March and 27 March 2020. Read more below:

Residents of Buh-Rein Estate and Mosselbank areas are advised that repair work will take place on the water supply line currently feeding their areas between 5 March and 27 March 2020.

The City is making adjustments to the water network in the area to ensure supply is maintained, and although residents will likely notice a drop in water pressure, we do not expect any supply interruptions as a result of this work.  

Residents are also advised to make sure that taps are left in the closed position during this period to prevent any water loss and/or water damage when supply is restored. Residents are advised to store water in clean, sealed containers for use during this period. 

The City sincerely regrets any inconvenience that may be caused. 

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

News

baydu.co.za RUNNER UP in TWO categories! Lifestyle and Entertainment!
View My Stats