Tweeter button
Facebook button

play slot games online at Slots Dad

“BET AWARDS” HOSTED BY ANTHONY ANDERSON AND TRACEE ELLIS ROSS TO AIR ON BET ON 28 JUNE AT 19:00CAT

Johannesburg/Lagos, 7 June 2016: Today, BET (DStv channel 129) unveiled the nominees for the 2016 BET Awards Viewers’ Choice “Best New International Act” category. This year’s competition is tougher than ever, featuring talented up-and-coming artists from around the world including: Emtee (South Africa), Falz (Nigeria),MHD (France), Tkay Maidza (Australia), WSTRN (UK) and Section Boyz (UK).

Fans can vote their favourite new artist by voting online at BET.com or by taking the competition to social media and tweeting or tagging @BET_intl on Twitter andInstagram using the hashtag #ipick. Voting for the Viewer’s Choice category is now open, and will close on 22 June at 00:59 CAT. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Transport for Cape Town, the City of Cape Town’s transport authority, has installed a 3D laser detection system in Muizenberg to assist in preventing vehicles with a height of 2,5 m and more from crashing into the low railway bridge at Atlantic Road. Read more below:

‘The railway bridge crossing Atlantic Road in Muizenberg is notorious for crashes, mainly because road users often underestimate the height of their vehicles or load when driving through under the bridge. A truck or vehicle crashes into or gets stuck under this bridge about once a week despite the numerous signboards along Main Road and Atlantic Road warning drivers of the 2,5 m height restriction ahead,’ said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member: Transport for Cape Town, Councillor Brett Herron.

It became apparent that a different warning system was required to improve the safety of road users and to try to prevent crashes into the railway bridge over Atlantic Road as the earlier systems were affected by the extremely corrosive environment and required constant maintenance. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

South Africa ‘A’ coach Johan Ackermann included four forwards with Test experience – team captain Oupa Mohoje, Nizaam Carr, Stephan Lewies and Vincent Koch – in his starting team for Friday’s first match against the England Saxons in Bloemfontein.

The match – the first of two against the visiting Saxons – kicks off at 19h10 at the Toyota Stadium in the Free State capital and will be broadcast live on SuperSport.

Ackermann has also included a further two Springboks on the bench, in Coenie Oosthuizen and Piet van Zyl. They will be joined in the SA ‘A’ match-23 by six players who only got their first taste of Vodacom Super Rugby earlier this year, in Leolin Zas, JD Schickerling (both starting), Lizo Gqoboka Jean-Luc du Preez, RG Snyman and Lukhanyo Am (all four on the bench).

The four members of the Springbok squad for the Castle Lager Incoming Series against Ireland, who were released to the SA ‘A’ squad, will all start on Friday. They are Garth April (flyhalf), Nic Groom (scrumhalf), Sikhumbuzo Notshe (flank) and Scarra Ntubeni (hooker). Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Junior Springbok assistant coach Nazeem Adams said on Wednesday the team had to step up their performance and deliver a full 80 minute effort against Argentina on Saturday to build on their victory against Japan in the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in Manchester.

The SA U20s registered a morale-boosting 59-19 victory against Japan in their opening match on Tuesday after fighting their way back from a 19-14 halftime deficit.

They face Argentina next on Saturday at 18h00 (19h00 SA Time) at the AJ Bell Stadium.

The South Africans outscored Japan by eight tries to three, while fullback Curwin Bosch was in fine form with the boot and slotted over all the conversions and added a penalty for his individual total of 19 points.

“There are a few areas of our game that require a vast improvement before the Argentina clash, such as our breakdowns and defence, and we have to make sure that we play for the full 80 minutes,” said Adams. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Caiphus Semenya, Simphiwe Dana, the Afrika Mkhize Big Band, Swing City and Ringo Madlingozi are some of South Africa’s top musicians who will be appearing at Jazztown* this month.

They are part of 150 of the world’s biggest jazz innovators who come from 14 countries and are on the bill at the country’s oldest and longest jazz festival, which takes place from June 30 to July 9, as part of the National Arts Festival.

The Standard Bank Jazz Festival in Grahamstown has become a litmus test of South Africa’s jazz future and this year again presents some of the country’s best young talent who will be playing each other’s music and pushing the boundaries.

2012 Standard Bank Young Artist Award winner for Jazz, pianist Afrika Mkhize, will be honouring the late jazz legend Bheki Mseleku with a powerful big band tribute that reflects a national and international potpourri of jazz talent. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Gallo Images. Zain Davids Springbok Under 20s.

Gallo Images. Zain Davids Springbok Under 20s.

SA Rugby on Wednesday announced that Dawie Theron has accepted a contract to coach the Docomo Red Hurricanes in Japan and will not be available for a seventh season as coach of the Junior Springboks.

Theron will vacate his position following the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in Manchester, England, which kicked off earlier this week.

Theron, who is currently leading the Junior Springboks in his sixth successive World Rugby U20 Championship, will join the club at their summer camp in Hokkaido on 19 July, with his contract running until 31 March 2018.

“I would like to thank Dawie for his immense contribution to South African rugby, not only as a former Springbok player and the Junior Springbok coach over the past few years, but also for the role he played at provincial coaching level,” said SA Rugby CEO Jurie Roux. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

The Springboks have released four squad members to the SA “A” side for the first of their two matches match against the England Saxons at the Toyota Stadium in Bloemfontein on Friday evening.

Hooker Scarra Ntubeni, flank Sikhumbuzo Notshe, scrumhalf Nic Groom and flyhalf Garth April are all members of the 31 Bok training squad that first got together last week in Stellenbosch. They will join coach Johan Ackermann and his SA “A” side on Tuesday evening in Bloemfontein and will be in action on Friday.

The four players will rejoin the Springbok squad on Saturday in Cape Town, where the Boks are facing Ireland in the opening Test of the Castle Lager Incoming Series. The two remaining encounters between the two sides will be played on consecutive weekends in Johannesburg (18 June) and Port Elizabeth (25 June).

Meanwhile the Springboks continued with their final preparations for the weekend’s big clash with a split session between backs and forwards in Cape Town earlier on Tuesday morning. Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

At 10h50 this morning a 22 year old male died after sustaining a gunshot wound to his abdomen In Bishop Lavis opposite the Court Building. Western Cape Government Health Forensic Pathology Services attended the scene.

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Gallo Images. Zain Davids Springbok Under 20s.

Gallo Images. Zain Davids Springbok Under 20s.

Junior Springbok coach Dawie Theron praised his team’s fighting spirit as they came back from trailing at half-time to comprehensively beat Japan by 59-19 in their opening match of the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in Manchester, England, on Tuesday.

It was a morale-boosting victory for the South African Under-20s, who found themselves 19-7 down after 31 minutes in the first half, but never backed off to finally outscore Japan by eight tries to three. The score at the break was 19-14.

“The first half was a bit of a shock for the guys and I think they didn’t really expect that, but I told this that this is a World Cup, you have to convert your opportunities into points,” said Theron.

“We probably were a little shell-shocked when they scored those three tries, but I am proud of the way the players fought back. Japan played well and they targeted the rucks, which they did not do last year.

“It was a tough lesson for us, but we adapted quickly. I think we regrouped very well as a team after a hard team talk at half-time and we stuck to our structures, which worked in the end.” Continue reading

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

News

baydu.co.za RUNNER UP in TWO categories! Lifestyle and Entertainment!
View My Stats