The Easter holidays are jam packed with “egg-citing” things to do with children at GrandWest. Puppet shows, Easter Bunny appearances, face painting, balloon twisting, magic shows, and arts and crafts workshops and a grand scale Easter egg hunt are just some of the activities children can look forward to between 19 March 2016 and 3 April 2016.
Activities for children take place at the Cape Village from 12h00 to 16h00 daily. On Easter Sunday, 27 March 2016, the festivities reach fever pitch with an Easter egg hunt from 12h00 to 15h00. Children between five and ten years of age are invited to register between 11h00 and 12h00 in order to show off their sleuthing skills and join the fast paced scramble for chocolate treats in the Henrik Boom’s Garden. The Easter egg hunt includes a host of fun filled activities such as pom pom painting, colouring in, biscuit decorating, Easter puppet making and chocolate play dough sculpting.
As always there is a choice of family friendly entertainment at GrandWest throughout the holidays including ice skating at The Ice Station, games at The Magic Company and the play area at Spur.
The South African rugby fraternity has thrown its weight behind the Anti-Racism Week with all Vodacom Super Rugby teams in action locally this weekend and will wear yellow armbands to show their support for the campaign.
The initiative stems from the sporadic and unfortunate incidents of racism in South Africa, with the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation joining forces with 80 civil society organisations to form the Anti-Racism Network of South Africa (ARNSA).
“We’ve been approached by ARNSA to participate in the Anti-Racism Week, which started on 14 March and will culminate on Human Rights Day on 21 March. As a sport who prides itself on having the power to unite our nation, we’ve gladly accepted,” said SA Rugby President, Mr Oregan Hoskins. Continue reading
This from ewn.co.za:
Mentor says she has proof that Zuma was in the same house when the Guptas offered her a ministerial job.
CAPE TOWN – Former African National Congress (ANC) MP Vytjie Mentor has dropped another Gupta bomb.
She took to Facebook this morning saying she has proof that President Jacob Zuma was in the same house when the Gupta family offered her a job.
Full story here:
This form news24.com:
MEDIA STATEMENT STATEMENT BY DEPUTY MINISTER OF FINANCE MR. MCEBISI JONAS (MP)
1. I have decided to respond to and clarify certain questions that have been in the public domain recently. I do so in accordance with my conscience, my political values and the best traditions of my organisation, the ANC, of which I have been a member since my early teens.
2. I regard our Constitution as being sacrosanct and it embraces the values that South Africans struggled for, and what we live by. I was appointed Deputy Minister in terms of the Constitution by the President of the Republic. Any practice that conflicts with the prescripts of the constitution must be challenged in the interest of our democracy and the accountability we have to our people. The ANC that we have been and continue to be proud members of, has offered us the opportunity to serve our country, an honour that I do not take for granted. My historical commitment to the liberation of our people has not waned.
Full story here:
Jerry Seinfeld drives off with $22.2 MILLION after selling 17 of his prized classic cars
- Comedian sold 15 Porsches and two Volkswagens for $22,244,500
- Said he was selling his cars so that other collectors could enjoy them
- One of the cars on sale was the same model that James Dean was driving when he fatally crashed in 1955
Everyone knows he’s an auto enthusiast, as his Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee show proves.
But even Jerry Seinfeld needs to clean out his garage from time to time.
The 61-year-old sold 17 of his classic cars, mostly Porsches, at the weekend, netting a stunning $22,244,500, the New York Daily News reported on Monday.
Click on link for video
Full story here:
Fri 18 March – Barry Hilton comedy.
Venue: Café Roux, The Farm Village, Noordhoek.
Address: 270 Chapman`s Peak Drive.
Tickets: R150.00 Time:
Dinner from 19h00. Show from 20h30.
Bookings: go to www.caferouxsessions.co.za or book at www.webtickets.co.za
Contact for enquiries: email@example.com / 021 789 2538
- HWBOT World Tour 2016
A first for South Africa! The HWBOT World Tour is a series of overclocking events held across seven countries and five continents, where the next generation of overclockers can learn, share and compete.
HWBOT World Tour will be making its second stop for 2016 at rAge Cape Town and will feature:
– World Series for Amateurs: Overclocking workshops for amateurs will be held on Friday from 11h00 – 18h00 andSaturday from 10h00 – 18h00. If you’re interested in signing up for this you can do so at their stand. The top four overclockers will go through to a semi-final on Sunday morning and the final will take place from 12h00. Continue reading
Scandal! weekdays at 7:30PM on e.tv and eHD on OpenView HD (Channel 104) and DStv (Channel 194).
Phehello (Dustbin Man) makes his eagerly awaited return to Scandal!
Scandal! viewers have been eagerly awaiting the moment Phehello makes his way back on screens and now that wait is over. Phehello, also known as Dustbin Man, was responsible for a reign of terror he bestowed on Lerumo and Anzani. Manipulative, deceptive and graced with extreme intelligence, Phehello is always one to have an ace up his sleeve. His deepest and darkest secrets will be revealed in the upcoming episodes of Scandal! Continue reading