The Jackson family name has long been synonymous with fame, fortune and controversy. In The Jacksons: Next Generation, which starts on Wednesday 16 at 20.45, this six-part series reveals an inside look into the lives of members of this iconic family. After the passing of the legendary Michael Jackson, the responsibility of managing the Jackson family legacy fell onto the shoulders of Tito’s sons: Taryll, Taj and TJ. Told from their perspective, The Jacksons: Next Generation grants viewers an unprecedented look into the inner workings of the Jackson family and the heart, drama and chaos that inevitably accompany each family member.
Produced by Go Go Luckey Entertainment, the series is executive produced by Henry Capanna, Julie Auerbach, Tina Gazzerro, Dennis Principe, Taj Jackson, Taryll Jackson, TJ Jackson, Megan McGuiness and Henri Hebert. Lifetime’s Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and Kimberly Chessler also executive produce.
- Ordinary Family, Extraordinary Name: Being a part of the legendary Jackson family is a blessing…and a curse. Tito’s sons, Taj, Taryll and TJ Jackson, struggle to manage their day-to-day lives, careers and families under the constant spotlight of their famous last name. Now, they’re ready to tell their side of the story of what it really means to be a Jackson.
- Back to the Future: With the help of childhood friend Kim Kardashian, Taj, Taryll and TJ are reunited with their long-lost family heirlooms. After a trip down memory lane, the brothers renew an old time family tradition and plan a camping trip for all of the Jackson cousins. However, with all their other commitments, they are unsure if they can pull it together. Meanwhile, TJ and Frances are celebrating their anniversary and he’s pulling out all the stops while Taryll’s relationship with Bre is tearing at the seams.
- Full of Surprises: Taj, Taryll and TJ decide to confront a woman named Tanay Jackson who, for years, has claimed to be their sister. Will there be a DNA test to put this behind them once and for all or will she become the newest member of the Jackson family? Meanwhile, as Bre tries to throw a surprise party for Taryll’s 40th Birthday, 3T makes a decision about the fate of their album.
- The Mother of All Confrontations: After more than 20 years, Taryll, Taj and TJ are finally ready to come to terms with their mother’s death and travel to Las Vegas to record a song with their father, Tito Jackson, to honour her. While in Sin City, they find out the results of the DNA test from their alleged sister Tanay “Jackson.” Can the brothers find the courage to move past their mother’s death and finally complete the album?
- Now or Never: Taj, Taryll and TJ are struggling to find time to rehearse for their upcoming concert in Holland. With the added pressure of the anniversary of their Uncle Michael’s death, will they be able to put their differences aside and come together for their long awaited comeback?
- The Price of Fame: Taryll, Taj and TJ are at a crossroads with 3T and their personal lives — TJ and Frances contemplate moving away from Los Angeles. Taryll and Bre decide the fate of their rocky relationship. The brothers finally make a decision about the future of 3T.