This year the winter holidays don’t have to be cold and dreary, as the City of Cape Town’s resorts are an affordable option to chase away the winter cold.
‘With winter upon us, the City’s resorts offer an affordable getaway for families to enjoy, with low-season rates,’ said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Community Services and Special Projects, Alderman Belinda Walker.
The City of Cape Town manages 13 resorts across Cape Town, with eight of these resorts offering fully equipped chalets and braai areas.‘Not many people think of visiting resorts during winter but it’s an excellent way to enjoy the cool, crisp air and take a break. The cold and wet weather doesn’t have to put a damper on family fun and breaking away from the stress of keeping the children busy during the holidays,’ said Alderman Walker.
Capetonians can enjoy these resorts at the winter rates as follows:
- Silwerstroomstrand Resort, Silwerstroom Road, Atlantis: newly renovated six-sleeper chalets from R242 per night
- Zandvlei Resort, corner of Windermere and Row Street, Muizenberg: newly renovated four-sleeper chalets from R312,86 per night
- Blue Waters Resort, corner of Links and Lukannon Drive, Strandfontein: newly upgraded four-sleeper chalets from R161 per night
- Monwabisi Resort, Baden Powell Drive, Khayelitsha: newly upgraded four-sleeper chalets from R188 per night
- Macassar Resort, Beach Road, Macassar: six-sleeper chalets from R242 per night
- Voortrekker Park Resort, Hofmeyer Road, Strand: newly renovated four-sleeper chalets from R313 per night
- Harmony Park Resort, corner of Jan Bruin and Gordon’s Bay Road, Gordon’s Bay: five-sleeper chalets from R483 per night
- Hendon Park Resort, Faure Marine Drive, Gordon’s Bay: four-sleeper chalets from R268 per night
A number of electrified and non-electrified camping sites are also available at winter rates starting from R90 and R100 per site per night. These prices are valid until 30 June 2016.
For more information about the City’s resorts and tariffs, residents should please visit:http://www.capetown.gov.za/en/SportRecreation/Pages/Resorts.aspx.