Less than 3 weeks to the inaugural Tshwane 10s sport and lifestyle festival!
(South Africa, October 2016) Tshwane 10s the sister tournament of the ever popular Cape Town 10s is happening in less than 3 weeks and promises to be one MASSIVE experience. With loads of sporting action and a monster entertainment line-up; this is one event you can’t afford to miss!
Proudly powered by Stor-Age, South Africa’s leading self-storage brand, Tshwane 10s will be hosted at Harlequins Rugby Club in Groenkloof, Pretoria from 28 to 29 October 2016. With over 10 000 people expected to stream through the gates, here are some epic highlights you can expect:
- Meet SA Rugby Legends: rub shoulders with Cape Town 10s co-founders Rob Fleck and Bob Skinstad as well as the likes of Bakkies Botha, Victor Matfield, Derick Hougaard, James Dalton and Derick Kuun, who will make their mark at the inaugural Tshwane 10s event
- Sensational Entertainment Line-up: Me and Mr Brown, Brent Harris and the Anton Botha Band will get the crowd going on the Friday while Arno Jordaan, Pieter Smith, the Barboza Experience and SA/DC will be on stage on the Saturday whilst DJ’s keep the beats flowing throughout the weekend
- Social Olympics: enjoy nail-biting sporting action from more than 100 teams across 7 different sporting codes: rugby, netball, beach volleyball, dodgeball, lawn bowls, touch rugby and squash
- Celebs Galore: a number of SA’s biggest celebs and media personalities will also make their debut and will form part of the celeb team, including: Thando Thabethe, Lunga Shabalala, Ms Cosmo, Nicole da Silva, Janina Oberholzer, Mika Stefano, Arno Jordaan and Jonathan from Radio Raps to mention a few
- 10s Gees: license for you to enjoy the weekend of the year, there really isn’t anything quite like it and there is a reason why the Cape Town 10s has been voted BEST LIVE EXPERIENCE
- The Beer Tent: a gargantuan beer tent to keep the cold ones flowing
- Fancy Dress: expect the most brave, fun and bizarre costumes and insane wardrobe malfunctions as people dress to the weekend theme #HalloweenOlympics
- Dodgeball: do we really need to say more….
Hurry along and get your festival tickets via iTickets: www.itickets.co.za
Tshwane 10s Details:
- Date: 28 to 29 October 2016
- Time: 9am to 11pm
- Ticket Prices:
o Friday: R50
o Saturday: R100
o Weekend pass: R125
Team entries are still available on www.tshwane10s.com but hurry along as they will be closing soon. All teams wanting to enter rugby can contact Shane on email@example.com , for all other sports please contact Pam onPamela@capetowntens.com or Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For social media updates go to:
- Facebook : https://web.facebook.com/tshwane10s/?_rdr
- Twitter: @Tshwane10s
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tshwane10s/?hl=en
About Cape Town 10s
Cape Town 10s is South Africa’s biggest social sport and lifestyle event. Having recently won the 2016 Discovery Sport Industry Award for “Best Live Experience” in South Africa, it is the brainchild of rugby legends Bob Skinstad and Robbie Fleck and long-standing mate Ron Rutland.
Founded in 2008 as a rugby only tournament, the event has since evolved into a multi-sport event with the addition of Netball in 2013 and Beach Volleyball in 2016. The rugby component of 10s is billed as the biggest ten-a-side rugby tournament in the world. Designed for fun but still underpinned by national and international rugby federation rules, the event has over the years featured some of the world’s greatest International rugby legends including Jonah Lomu, Carlos Spencer and Christian Cullen, as well as other global sporting stars such as Graeme Smith and Justin Kemp.
2017 will mark the 9th consecutive year of the event, now selling out in record time and attended by teams from all over the globe. The 2016 Cape Town 10s event had 100 rugby teams, 40 netball teams and 40 volleyball teams, from all over South Africa and abroad, taking part. The Cape Town 10s is not just about the sporting action, it is also one big jol featuring some of the country’s biggest and most popular music acts as well as hosting Africa’s largest beer tent. Thousands of fans and squads gather from across the globe to play their favourite sports and to experience the vibe of 10s that is underpinned by fun, friendships, sports and a couple of cold ones.