Cape Town, on 4 May 2017: adidas revealed its latest addition to the PureBOOST franchise that launched earlier this year, the new PureBOOST DPR – an innovation engineered to take runners closer to the city streets. Made for runners whose unafraid attitude makes no urban environment unconquerable, the new agile and adaptive design features the latest application of adidas’ industry leading Boost technology, with a new 8mm heel-to-toe offset. Creating a natural Boost platform that stores and unleashes energy more effectively every time it hits the ground, the shoe enables runners to truly ‘feel’ the streets.
When developing PureBOOST DPR, adidas looked at the needs of the urban runner and designed a shoe that is as dynamic and adaptable as they are. PureBOOST DPR was created to support runners who love the thrill of dodging city traffic, racing street lights and weaving through busy pedestrians, working with the unpredictable surroundings and harnessing its energy.
Pieter Warnich, senior manager for adidas Running SA, said: “We are seeing runners from all over the world exploring their cities and expressing their own creativity in the routes they choose and the challenges they take on. As a brand we wanted to build something purely designed for this type of runner, and loved the idea of creating a more adaptive running experience. With the adidas Runbase boosters taking the lead with this new running shoe, we’re excited to see how they express their creativity on the streets of the CBD”.The shoe’s key features include:
- One-piece engineered circular knit upper – Aramis-tested for a seamless and adaptive fit, wrapping the foot from the inside of the midfoot around to the outside. Providing comfort no matter the route or obstacle.
- Heel fit counter system – designed to enhance the support of the foot and the Achilles, allowing the foot to move effortlessly with the shoe.
- Wider forefoot – providing a more stable platform that tailors itself in the pivotal moments of transition when running over varied urban surfaces and around corners.
- Stretchweb outsole – enabling a smoother and more flexible ride, working in harmony with Boost to unleash a runner’s full potential.
- BOOST – ultra-responsive comfort and cushioning that stores and returns energy every time the foot hits the ground.
The adidas PureBOOST DPR will be available from 18th May 2017 at Own Retail stores, adidas.co.za/running, Total Sports, Studio 88 and The Cross-Trainer outlets retailing at R2299. Follow the conversation at @adidasrunning and @adidasZA on Instagram and Twitter using #PureBOOST.