Music Exchange celebrates its 7th anniversary on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September 2017. Hosted at the Academy Of Sound Engineering studio complex in Cape Town.
For the serious artist. Up close and personal access to all the speakers who will cover:
- BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.,the World’s largest collecting and rights management company) what can it do for me as a writer and artist? Meet Brandon Bakshi BMI’s Executive Director of Writer/Publisher Relations for Europe & Asia. He has signed Daft Punk, ZAYN, Ed Sheeran, Sade, Kygo, Popcaan, Laura Marling and Ellie Goulding amongst others.
- Access 5 international hit songwriters–take your songs to next level.
- Publishing and looking after composer rights–how does it work?
- How to make money fromSyncs?
- How doescrowd funding work for an artist? -Pledge music
- Working inReggaeton music?
- Learn more aboutradio submissions in South Africa and how to access play listing what is PBS /Commercial /community radio
- What canRadio Monitor do for you?
- Turn up Music andJOOX how do we get on those platforms.
- How toaccess Radio in Europe? Find out about working in The Netherlands, With Menno He is one of the most well-known music journalists in The Netherlands with experience in print, radio and online.
- Abbey Road Studioscan we access it from SA?
- Sponsorshipand proposals the do’s and don’t
- Compelling press kitsand media releases.
- How to access theFestival circuit in South Africa and touring.
- Do you understand your personal worth and brand equity (learn how to DIY as an artist)
- Personal brand management onsocial media.
- Fashion image branding and brands
- What doartist mangers do?
If YOU answered YES to some of the questions above, Book NOW to fast track your contacts and career (It’s comes, but once a year) limited space only 20 seats.
Meet some of the Songwriters:
- Jann Klose, from New York,is a Grammy® nominated pop singer- songwriter who has released five albums and two Extended Plays
- Christian Wright, from Abbey Road Studios, has worked on albums by some of the biggest names in pop and rock including Ed Sheeran, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Blur, and Gabrielle Aplin. He is also in demand as an engineer for film soundtracks and worked on box office-topping films including Gravity (no.1 in both the US and the UK), Prince of Persia, two Harry Potter films and The Master – composed by Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood.
- Alicia Madison,based in New York, is a successful singer/songwriterfor Armada Records and Lifted Sony
- Marcela Arciniegas – from Columbia, A music producer and songwriter working in different projects between Colombia and the UK.
Other guest speakers include:
- Anton Groenewald –Director of Amgro Services, Cellar In The City, Cape Town Pass
- Thabiet Allie – COO of Turn Up Music
- Jarrod Aston | Managing Director | Fluid Media & Entertainment
- Christopher de Vries – Out the Box Productions
- Lonwabo “Lobz” Marele– Digital entrepreneur and multimedia Reporter
And the entire –Speaker list is as follows:
8 International speakers
- Alicia MadisonUSA
- Brandon BakshiUK
- Christian Wright UK
- Jann KloseUSA
- Karla Chee-a-tow USA
- Marcela ArciniegasCO
- Menno VisserNL
- Tony GrundUSA
22 South African speakers
- James Stewart
- Colin Sher
- Jarrod Aston
- John Fishlock
- Ebrahim Mallum
- Tony Sanderson
- Anton Groenewald
- Thabeit Allie
- Gabi Le Roux
- Christopher de Vries
- Lesley Wells
- Sophia Foster
- Jon Savage
- Roeshdien Jaz
- Warren Kirkland
- Siphokazi Jonas
- Lonwabo Marele
- Shaun Johannes
- Brian Mawdsley
- Maya Spector
- Lukas De Beer
For More information, go to: http://www.musicexchange.co.za
Book via web tickets link – https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=1472923115
R250 per day or R400 for both days (i.e. Saturday and Sunday)